Are you planning to pave the outdoors of your home? Then why to choose the same old standard pavement when you can have classic, elegant and beautiful cobblestone? This article will explain everything you want to know about this stone and how you can install them yourself at walkways, paths or driveways.
Do remember, if you get confused in-between any step then it advised to seek the assistance of a professional so that the end result is something that you always wanted to have. But, before discussing about a few do-it-yourself (DIY) ideas, let’s know more about what is cobblestone and why is it so different from other common options available.
What is Cobblestone?
Cobblestone is a unique way of paving that can be performed with a combination of natural stones such as granite, basalt or marble or can even be created from concrete or clay. Due to their durability, versatility and elegant appeal, these are commonly found in driveways, paths, garden edging and even around fountain area. The material that you choose for this will influence the overall cost of the project, therefore make your choice wisely.
These are even available in a wide range of colors, shapes and sizes. Making use of contrasting color scheme will compliment your home beautifully. Being one of the finest paving options, cobblestones are ideal for almost every home be it the contemporary or modern styles.
Creative & Innovative Cobblestone Designs for Paths:
There are four exceptional designs that you can consider for the paths of your home and these are:
- Stone and gravels: This is a beautiful design that can be used in garden paths, backyard or other outdoor areas of the home to add a beautiful natural touch. A typical stone and gravel style consist of natural stones that amplify the look of the space in no time.
- Steeping path pavers: This is another creative and budget friendly design that can be installed easily. The main idea of this design is to create stepping stone with the help of pavers so that it is placed in the form of a path. These paths can resemble like tiles, buttons or simple circles leading from the home till the gate.
- Colorful natural spark: The stones are available in several colors, where you can choose almost any option of your choice. Therefore, add that splash of vibrant colors to the pavers with the help of cobblestones.
- Contemporary styled pavers: On the other hand, if you have a contemporary house and want to exemplify the same through pavers, then the traditional designs can do the trick.
How to Install the Cobblestone Paths?
There are three complex steps involved in it:
- The first step is to prepare the base of the area where you are planning to have the pavers. For this, you have to mark the dimensions of the space, clean the area and then visualize the design to know how you want it to be exactly.
- The second step is to install the pavers by placing them within the specified measurements. After this push them together, so that they are placed perfectly. Then fix the pavers and remove excess sand from the area.
- The final step is to add finishing touches to the pavers. In this process, you have to fill up the gaps, cracks and spray a sealant on them so that they do not absorb too much moisture.
Installing the cobblestones paths is not a simple process, but if done carefully can create a design that stands apart from the crowd.