The pet dogs are considered as important family members in many families. But when the rest of the family members are planning for a out of the town trip, they cannot take their dear four-legged family member with them, as the dogs are simply not allowed in many hotels and even it is quite troublesome to take the dogs by most modes of transport. But before leaving your puppy to these day care centres, you need to check their features and they must have trained professionals who are experienced to handle different kinds of puppies. Along with that, you need to tell them about the vaccination of your puppy, food habit and you have to ask to their doctor facility for an emergency issue.
Vital points about choosing the best puppy day care center
- Check the environment of the pet care – The puppy day care center needs to be checked for proper cleanliness and airy rooms, which should be comfortable for the pet dogs. The well cleaned and disinfected areas will ensure the best health of the pets staying there. The dogs need to be given hygienic drinking water and taken out for potty walks, for maintaining their habits of excreting at proper places. In this regards most of these puppy cares unites provide toilet training facility and you can check it before availing their services. Also, you need to make sure that the toilet for the puppies is clean, so that there is no contamination.
- Facilities available for the puppy – A pet dog needs much more care and attention than only his regular food. It needs to be found out whether the chosen puppy day care center has arrangements for giving warm bath or comfortable massage to the dogs, as they may be used to at home.
- Numbers of well trained staff – First of all, it needs to be checked that how many staffs are working in a pet care center and what type of training they have received in pet handling. The experience level of the trained staffs should be asked about too, to ensure about their capability in caring for the pet dogs. They should also be affectionate enough, to study the body language of the puppies and understand their needs.
- Types of dogs kept there – The breeds and the background of the dogs that normally stay in a puppy day care center should be found, to ensure that a certain pet dog is not attacked by any other more aggressive natured dog. It is also preferable that the other dogs have already received the necessary vaccinations.
- Medical facilities available for the pets – A dog may be sick at any time, so an experienced veterinary or animal hospital should be attached to the pet care center, so that the sick animal can get immediate medical treatment. Also, it needs to be checked the promptness of the day care center management, in taking appropriate actions, in case of medical emergency. They should also have the arrangements of proper vaccinations or medications.
The dog should be taken to the few shortlisted pet care centers, so that it can be checked whether he is enjoying the company of the other puppies there and if he is feeling comfortable, as he does at the home of his owner. The owner of the dog can easily detect the mood change of his pet, on spending some time at each center of that locality. Apart from that, you need to stay connected with these puppy centres all the time because they can need your help regarding the vaccination and medical treatment of your puppy.