The craftsmanship, beauty and historic design of old sash windows make it the heart of a traditional house. However, if these windows are begin eroded due to cold and are not able to sustain the test of time then you are left with two options: to replace or restore them. Now, replacing the old windows can be a tough call as the style and elegance that they enrich will seldom be found in any other option that you come across. Therefore, restoration is probably the best option that you can find. Sash window is a traditional window design and people want to restore their sash window with some new elements. Earlier sash windows were mainly designed with wooden frame. These wooden frames can easily get affected due to moisture and tear. Now you can restore your sash window and design the window panels with metal frames. The designs of the sash window remains same, only the materials will be changed and then you can get better longevity for your sash windows.
Restoring Old Sash Windows is Much More Than Saving Money
- Energy Efficiency is improved: Restoration is one of the finest ways to enhance the efficiency of windows by incorporating high graded glass panes to the frames. After prolonged period of use of your sash window you can find some holes and cracks on the window panels. Through these cracks, huge amount of air can enter into your house and you cannot maintain the room temperature as per your requirement. Now you need to renovate your sash window and change these panes completely. To reduce the power consumption cost, it is important to repair the windowpanes and in this regards you have to consult with the sash window designers.
- Installing advance systems: If you thought that restoration is only about fixing the existing windows with same old techniques and equipments then you have got it all wrong. As, you can apparently take the functionality of the good old sash windows without affecting its aesthetics in any way. Be it double pane glasses, historic hardware, weather-stripping or balance system there is a lot that can be done for sash window restoration and this keeps them new for years to come.
- Customize the process of restoration: Unlike purchasing a new window where you would probably have to compromise with the options found in the market, in case of restoration you have the opportunity to customize each and every element. This includes the designs, patterns, materials involved and much more.
- Choose materials of your choice: As mentioned earlier, there is a wide range of materials required for sash window restoration. You can choose these materials according to quality and your budget. Do remember, never make price the only deciding factor rather consider having a balance between both quality and price so that you can opt for value for money materials.
- The aesthetical beauty is restored: You would never want to alter the age-old beauty of your home just because the windows have withered with time. This can be achieved to perfection with the help of professional sash window restoration services, where you can discuss your requirements and plan the entire process accordingly.
There are innumerable professionals out there who provide sash window restoration services for their customers. Out of the many, you have to look for the competent, experienced and skillful craftsmen who are able to deliver just what you are looking for. To do this, first you can consider the reputation of the professional/company as this will give you a clear idea about the quality of services that they are able to provide. Later, gather more information about the types of services offered along with the prices involved.